Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Girls

During our story reading tonight we read about a young boy in Greece who could play the harp magnificently and could sing even better too. He was going to the island of Sicily to find fortune and fame.

"But Mom, we shouldn't want to be rich and just think about money."
"You're right, Ames, when we die we cannot take anything that we have here on earth with us. It's all just stuff and it stays behind."
"Oh, but Mommy please can I take my barbies with me?"
"Sorry girl, they have to stay, everything does."
I'm sure if I ask God, He'll have lots of toys for me to play with."

2 comments:

Laura said...

Pretty cute =).
Let me just say, I love that you have a blog!!! It makes me feel like I actually know what you're up to and that you're not really that far away.

Natalie said...

Very sweet! It reminds me of the time I told my nephew there weren't going to be roller coasters in heaven. He totally flipped out though. He was crying like crazy. It makes me laugh thinking about it.

I hope you are doing better. Praying for you.