Monday, May 11, 2009

SURPRISE!

Yesterday was so much fun! Brian had taken the team to the airport at around 1pm and told me that he was going to take a nap. He said he'd like to skype later so that he could see the kids. I told him that would be fine and so after the evening service we came home and set up the camera. I felt sorry that he hadn't been able to participate in Boo's dramatic birthday celebration. The kids were so excited to talk to him.
To cut a long story short... Brian had flown down to SA and napped on the plane. He skyped us from my parents' driveway and it was only until I saw my brother's face in the webcam too that I realised he was here. OH MY WORD! It was so fun. I cried and laughed and cried and laughed! My mom said she wished she could have taken a picture of my face. The kids squealed with delight. Ami kept on saying, "Mommy I'm dreaming, I know this isn't true. When I wake up tomorrow, Dad's not really going to be here."
He is really here and it has been wonderful. He can only stay until Thursday, BUT WE ARE SO GRATEFUL that the LORD has made it possible for him to come down and see us.
At church last night I had said, "Just two more weeks and Daddy will be here."
These delights are truly heaven sent and we don't ever want to take them for granted.

No comments: