Thursday, August 13, 2009

God's Grace

On Aug 13th, 2006, my parents were involved in an attempted car hi-jacking at their home in Johannesburg, South Africa. God was so gracious. Not a single artery or bone was hit by the bullet that went through my dad's right thigh. His wedding ring finger was hit by a bullet, but it has healed pretty well. The bullets could've killed him, but we are so thankful that the Lord spared his life and has allowed him these extra three years with us all. We LOVE you so much OPA!!! Glory to God Who is Sovereign over all. My dad had many opportunities to share of God's goodness and mankind's need of a Saviour during this trial.
We arrived minutes after my dad had been shot and I remember Ami saying, "Mommy, why does Opa have all that blood on him?" I explained that men had hurt him and that we needed to pray for them and ask that they would come to know Christ, because He is the only One Who can forgive our sins and the sins of the men.

Our prayer is that the Lord will give Opa many more years so that our children can learn from his godly example.

2 comments:

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

Oh, Anita, I am so grateful that your Opa is doing well! I can't imagine how frightening and trying that must have been for everyone in your family. I praise God for your wonderful attitude and your desire to share the saving gospel with the very people who hurt your dad. If that isn't an example of loving the unloveable as Christ has called us to do, then I don't know what is! (Caroline Wade)

Lishe said...

he's defenitely a Godly example