Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stacy Moore's RECIPE

Natalie, this is for you and all the other moms who need a great cake recipe for birthdays. Stacy, THANK YOU for your contribution. I received several compliments on the cake.

CAKE
3/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. orange zest
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour (all purpose)
1/4 c. corn starch
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Sift the dries in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, then sour cream, zest and vanilla (into the butter/sugar mixture).
4. Add the dries. Mix until just combined. Pour batter into 2-8" cake rounds, lined with parchment paper and sprayed with pan spray, and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 25 minutes, until the top of the cake is nice and golden and the middle is set. Check for done-ness by inserting a toothpick. The middle should come out clean.

I made a regular butter frosting with a little orange juice instead of milk and it was delish!

2 comments:

Conrad and Jen said...

Wow, those cakes were awesome Anita!! I'm not much of a baker and I'm already starting to wonder how I'm going to do with Zachary's birthday cakes. We'll just have to have a bigger family so I can get lots of practice! :)

Natalie said...

AHHHHH SWEET! Thanks so much Anita, I am glad I checked your blog today!!